Meet Yves Nibungco, an organizer from Jersey City with roots in The Philippines. Yves works on The International Committee on Human Rights in the Philippines (ICHRP) and organized locally with the New Jersey Philippine Solidarity Committee. He describes how his ancestors suffered under colonialism and oppression from several imperial powers. The conditions of this archipelago nation have taken shape under rule of The United States, China, and Spain since the 1500’s. The generations of injustice have borne a strong rebellious spirit in the Filipino people that Yves takes great pride in. He and his compatriots continue on in that revolutionary spirit. Check out the podcast or our Facebook Livestream then you can support the Philippine struggle by taking action!
- 6/24: March for Migrants and Workers’ Rights in Jersey City!
- 7/7: Building the solidarity movement for the Philippines
- 7/23: People’s State of the Nation Address
- 9/15-9/16: Save the Date – BAYAN-USA 6th Congress in New York
- Philippine Solidarity Week – starting February 4-11 we ask organizations to host discussions, solidarity events for the Philippines
- Summer International Solidarity Mission to the Philippines – if any organization is interested in going to the Philippines for a solidarity mission, they can connect to us and we can facilitate.
- International Coalition for Human Rights in the Philippines – US Chapter
- New Jersey Philippine Solidarity Committee
More information about the Philippines